Friday, July 7, 2017

TrueRaiderLaker Productions #9 - Lonzo Ball - Destined



TrueRaiderLaker Productions is back! I had a contingency plan for a Lonzo Ball hype video and flexed it in through my heavy video production schedule. I present to you my 2nd Laker video in the TrueRaiderLaker Productions era and my 4th overall: "Lonzo Ball - Destined!"

Description

All I needed was two days for this video. I originally wanted to start production immediately after the draft. But, I had to promote another video unrelated to this and I was in LA (no I didn't visit the Lakers facility in El Segundo). But this video is here and in time for Ball's Summer League debut tonight.

As a lifelong Lakers fan, I couldn't recall a top pick that has the Laker Nation divided. You can make the argument that the selection of D'Angelo Russell two years ago also had us at a 50/50 split. But Lonzo Ball's selection stirred up a lot of debates across forums. Some see him as a talent that could change the fortunes of the Lakers franchise. While others see him as an overrated prospect and a possible bust. Then, there is his dad Lavar who has made headlines, glorifying Lonzo and making controversial comments that have a lot of people irate. Prior to the draft, a lot of people didn't want the Lakers to draft Lonzo because most fear that his dad was going to be a big distraction. That's the biggest flaw in evaluating Lonzo because Lavar Ball's controversial antics are completely irrelevant and unrelated to the talent and potential that Lonzo possesses. The Lakers selected him because of his talent, his ability to make other players better, and his high character and work ethic. If UCLA didn't have a problem with his dad, why not the Lakers? Even though he's a homegrown talent and seemed destined to be a Laker, it's in Lonzo Ball's hands to gain some respect and prove a lot of his detractors wrong. That starts tonight as the Lakers start their campaign, coming in as heavy favorites to win the Summer League championship.

Thumbnail




No comments: