Sunday, January 22, 2017

Lakers Put On Pathetic Display in Dallas


Both the AFC and NFC Championship games today for the NFL almost made me forget about this game. Well, I wish it really did. Did Byron Scott come back to coach one game or something? The last time I was checking this game, the Lakers were down 59-99. I'm thinking to myself: "this has got to be some kind of glitch." But that was really the score. I don't know what happen, but this took me back to when the Lakers got blown out by 48 points against the Jazz last season. After that game, I ranted and was just angrily typing about stuff in sight. 48 points, worst loss in franchise history. They surpassed that this afternoon by one point. 49 points is now the Lakers' worst defeat margin in franchise history. Terrible, absolutely terrible. On a scale of 1-10, how hungover were they after defeating the Pacers Friday night? I'm sure they rode that really high coming into this game. One win after 5-6 losses. Celebrate good times right? Not when they put up a performance like this to start the road trip. In fact, this stretch is exactly like the Byron Scott days. They lose a couple of games, some via blowouts, win one, and then get their butts handed to them on a silver platter. No fight, no effort, no defense. I thought they were through with that garbage last year and will find ways to compete. I couldn't imagine the worse things that could happen when they go on a back-to-back sets against Portland and Utah. This team has a promising young core, some veterans, and a good developmental coaching staff, but today's performance was an absolute atrocity of the highest order. Jordan Clarkson and Lou Williams, the only players in double figures with 10 points and 15 points off the bench respectively. Even they didn't shoot the ball well today. This was unacceptable and if I'm Luke Walton, looking ahead, I expect better effort than the garbage that was put on display today.

No comments: