Saturday, October 5, 2013

Quick Announcements:

Alright Raider and Laker nation just wanted to clean things up on the blog as we're drawing close to basketball season and two more weeks after this week we'll be nearly halfway into the football season.

- Raider Nation, most of you already know that the Raiders home game vs. the Chargers has been moved to Sunday night with kickoff starting at 8:30 pm on the NFL Network due to the Oakland A's playoff matchups against the Detroit Tigers in the Coliseum in which both the A's and Tigers are tied 1-1 as they change the scenery to Detroit. Just to clarify, I will still do the Q-by-Q instant reactions, halftime report, and full recap. That doesn't change even if it means I'll stay up until midnight to cover the game and post my thoughts, which I don't have a problem with.

- Laker Nation, basketball is just around the corner. Most of you saw the Lakers' preseason opener vs. the Golden State Warriors today and I did stick around for a few quarters before I turned the game off so I can focus on other stuff. But other than that, I was impressed with how our backup players responded to the Warriors' starting lineup without Nash and Gasol playing and Kobe obviously going to Germany for a knee procedure. Just a reminder I won't be doing preseason games and I won't spectate on the preseason games much, although I will look at certain tape and highlights to do my regular season preview. I won't wait till preseason's over. As I look at the preseason schedule, I'm targeting October 18 to do my preview after the Lakers play the Warriors, which I won't stay up to tune in on because it's in China and a 4:30 am start time. Like how I cover the Raiders' games for football, the same format will be followed for me covering Laker games, except it's only going to be on National TV games and Warriors games because I have CSN Bay Area, every other game that is not televised will follow the same format as I've done since I created this blog.

Anyway these are just two quick announcements and stay tuned tomorrow for my coverage of the Raiders vs. Chargers game. GO RAIDERS and GO LAKERS!


No comments: