Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Update from MechG: 05/07/14

Alright, well, probably this is the only post where I don't talk Raider or Laker-related stuff since it's the offseason, but everybody's been wondering "what the hell have I been doing lately?" Yeah my last official post, not counting the offseason activity of the Raiders when they traded Terrelle Pryor for a pick, was the Season in Review post for the Lakers' past season where they finish with a lackluster record and all I can say is thank goodness Mike D'Antoni resigned and the Lakers are now in search for a coach. Back on topic,, since the NFL Draft is tomorrow and I've had a long layoff before I post tomorrow, what have I been doing lately?

Well if you guys haven't noticed in my last Laker full recap vs. the Grizzlies and the Season in Review post, I made an announcement that I'm collaborating with my friend Stillmattic on his blog, http://bleachzealot.blogspot.com/ where my friend, who is very knowledgeable in the anime, Bleach where he talks about latest chapters in the Manga, throwbacks from the anime itself, and a lot of stuff and we planned this like late in March when the NBA season was wrapping up that he wants to do
a Bleach vs. Final Fantasy fight night for Mid April-May because if you guys don't know, outside of my blog, I have an excessive interest in video games and considering that he wants to collab with me I was like "okay" and at the right time, we started on it. Even though my friend had creative control on his blog, I had the majority of the idea control that we would pick our characters through a draft; me with my FF characters and Stillmattic with his Bleach characters and we randomly choose who will fight. So far, we are already 8 posts deep in our collab tournament and FF currently leads 5-3 against Bleach (booyah). So that's what I've been doing these last few weeks so I'm not taking a vacation or anything, I'm just involved in another blog.

So if you guys, aside from sports, are into anime and video games, check out our Bleach Fantasy collab on my friend's blog, we're like halfway there, so quickly catch up on all 8 matchups before we post our recent one again this Friday. Aside from that, since the NFL Draft is tomorrow, I will resume True Raider Laker posts tomorrow. There will be two posts: where I reveal the draft pick and comment on them and then after the draft is fully finish, I will make an evaluation on all draft picks. Then, after I won't post until June when the NBA Finals are underway and then the NBA Draft, and in July, since it has come to my attention that it has been 10 years since the Lakers broke up Shaq and Kobe, I will be doing an article on that while keeping track of the Lakers' offseason activities. So once again, if you guys are worried about me not posting in a while, this post is your answer. I'll see you guys tomorrow.

No comments: