Thursday, August 7, 2014

Blog Changes 08/07

Alright, we're just around the corner of this time of year where I'm going to cover regular season games for the Raiders and later, the Lakers as football season is just right around the corner in early September and then followed by basketball season in late October. The first Raider preseason game is tomorrow and since I usually announce this kind of stuff before the first preseason game, here are a couple changes or things I'm going to retain.

Football

  • I will continue to do Q-by-Q reaction, halftime post, and full recap for all 16 Raider games (provided the home games are all sold out) and it's going to be the same format: The Positives, The Negatives, Bottom Line/Conclusion.
  • For the Raider preseason games, I'll just pick only ONE preseason game to do Q-by-Q, halftime post, and full recap for warm ups. That preseason game will be the third game against the Green Bay Packers at Lambeau Field. I'm choosing that game because it'll televised on CBS and it'll mark the return of 3 former Packer players to Lambeau Field (C-Wood, James Jones, and C.J. Wilson).
  • I will continue to do Q-by-Q, halftime post, and full recap of the Super Bowl regardless of which team advances and I will still do a Super Bowl preview prior to that.
Basketball


  • I will continue to do Q-by-Q reaction, halftime post, and full recap only for Laker games that are nationally televised (TNT, ESPN, ABC, NBA TV) and it's going to be the same format: The Positives, The Negatives, Bottom Line/Conclusion. Any other games that are not nationally televised will follow the old quick recap post.
  • Considering I have CSN Bay Area, I will continue to do Q-by-Q, halftime, and full recap whenever the Lakers face off against the Golden State Warriors in the regular season. 
  • I won't cover any preseason games.
  • For NBA TV games, I will ONLY do Laker games that are scheduled beforehand to be on NBA TV, that means NO Fan Night games.
  • I will continue to do Q-by-Q, halftime post, and full recap of the NBA Finals regardless of which team advances and I will still do a NBA Finals preview prior to that. 
Applies to both

  • I will do regular season previews after the preseason as well as Season in Review posts after the regular season has ended.


Continue to follow up on my Fight Night collaboration with my friend, Stillmattic on his blog, http://bleachzealot.blogspot.com with Bleach Kombat posts. I'll see you guys on the 22nd. Here's to another year of covering Raider and Laker games.

- MechG



No comments: