Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Raiders Fire Dennis Allen

Good morning Raider Nation. I'll just be here to do a quick blog post regarding the big news that happened last night. So, after two back-to-back 4-12 seasons and an 0-4 start to the season, the Raiders have fired Dennis Allen. He got the axe via phone call last night from Mark Davis and Reggie McKenzie or either of those two from what I heard.

We should throw a parade and celebrate like we have won a championship, but the Raiders' record right now still stands win-less heading into the bye week. All I can say, thank goodness the Raiders have ended the horrible Dennis Allen experiment. I was a Tom Cable/Hue Jackson guy and I got to be honest I gave DA a chance in his first two seasons and with this kind of start this season, I've had enough. Coach Allen's record speaks for itself, 8-28, first three seasons, three full OTAs and training compared to Hue Jackson's record 8-8, first season, one game away from the division title and the playoffs, no OTAs and limited training camp due to the lockout. Every time I see a Dennis Allen press conference, I just don't see a guy who is not ready to be a head coach. He doesn't motivate the team, doesn't game plan, the only thing he's actually done is limit the boneheaded penalties. He was supposed to come in as a defensive-minded coach, yet the defense has given up a lot of points. He took a top 10 offense, a top 10 rushing attack and he killed it with his hiring of Greg Knapp, implementing the Zone Blocking scheme, and he tried fixing it by hiring Greg Olson to bring back the Gap scheme and it's not working because of Olson's vanilla playcalling.

With the failed Dennis Allen experiment, you have to consider who's to blame for it: Reggie or Mark Davis, it's obviously both. Mark Davis gave Reggie the power to bring in his own guy and after just one season, Reggie fires Hue Jackson, an offensive genius, someone who knew how to motivate a team and gave a rat's @$$ about restoring the franchise to greatness. Yeah the Carson Palmer trade was unforgivable, but Hue had this team competing night in and night out. Anyway, who do I think should take over as interim head coach? It has to be Tony Sparano. Yes his tenure  in Miami was a failure, but he had one thing that Dennis Allen wish he could have, fire, passion, motivation. The tagline for this season was "all in." For the rest of the season, I'm all in for Sparano to be interim coach. Some reports say it would be Greg Olson since he knows more about the organization, I hope not, but if it means getting him to not call anymore soft offensive plays, so be it. Who do I want to see to be the next head coach? I could go on the bandwagon and say Chucky, Jon Gruden, but I would just want him as a HC. As a HC & GM? No because if Gruden was that today, he would've taken Johnny Football with the 5th pick. I would like Gruden only for HC, I would like David Shaw out of Stanford, but it's just wishful thinking. By the time Reggie hits his 4th year, he's got to nail this next head coaching search out of the ballpark. We need a guy who can light a fire under this organization. It takes a leader with a powerful and emotional voice, a fiery personality, and a winning attitude to get a team fired up and I'm hoping we find that kind of head coach. 

No comments: