Saturday, September 10, 2016

Changes to Game Day Posts

Good afternoon guys. 3 years ago, I started to change the way I post here on the blog by announcing that I was going to cover the games in real time. I provided quarter-by-quarter reaction, halftime, and full recap posts. Since my coverage of the 2016 NBA Finals, I kept thinking about shaking up the game day posts a little bit with the purpose of making them a little more interactive. There are a ton of Raider and Laker fans in the world out there. I don't want to just provide my take, I want to hear your guys' opinions. How we view sports is subjective, everybody has different views on how we see the games and who performed and who didn't perform up to standards. It's okay to agree to disagree. That is the purpose of coming up with these new changes to how I cover the games here on the blog.

So, on with the new changes. The quarter-by-quarter reaction threads will be split into two posts: one post representing the first half and the other representing the second half. Simple isn't it? They will take the form in an open thread/open discussion forum. Which means you can comment your thoughts during the the game and after a quarter ends. I'll tag along in the comments section too because I have to summarize in a few sentences on my reaction and my take on how the game is going after each quarter. I'll search around your comments and reply to as many as I can. As a result of this change, I am discontinuing the halftime posts on my blog. I realize how much of a hassle it is provide my reaction in the 2nd quarter and start over a new post to analyze the 1st half as a whole. Regarding that, 2nd quarter reaction on the 1st half open thread discussions are likely going to be a little more extensive than the other three quarters.

The Full Postgame Recap posts will retain the same format as usual. I quickly summarize the final score, give my reaction on the win/loss, provide the positives and negatives, and the conclusion to set up the next game I'm going to cover. However, the slight change I'm going to implement in the full recap posts is that I'm going to name my MVP of the game. In big letters, I'm going to reveal my MVP, his stats, and just a few sentences why I picked him. I'll add a picture of MVP as a plus. The MVP section will probably go in between the negative and conclusion section of the full recap posts.

Both the open thread posts and the full postgame recaps will be available on my Facebook page as well. So, if you guys are Facebook-dependent to keep track of the games, I'll post them on my page as well. Tomorrow should be a good test for these new changes since the Raiders begin their NFL Season tomorrow in New Orleans. The NBA Season is still a couple of weeks away, so I'll provide more details in terms of covering games for the Lakers later in October.

*Raiders @ New Orleans Saints, tomorrow 10 A.M. Pacific Time, TV: FOX*

No comments: