Sunday, November 22, 2020

Raiders Lose the Shootout vs. Chiefs

 Final Score: KC 35 LV 31 [L] (6-4)

Well, I had a post previously. But, apparently that got deleted when I published. I'm just going to give out a condensed summary of this game.

This game was as advertised as a back-and-forth shootout. Derek Carr and the Raiders' offense did what they can and scored as many points. But, key drops were a big factor down the stretch. The defense did what they could with key players missing due to the COVID-19 protocol. In the end, the Raiders lose off a go-ahead TD from Mahomes to Kelce. Kansas City was methodical in their run game and Patrick Mahomes did what we're accustomed to seeing him doing and that's extending plays with his mobility.

I'm not going to drop stats because I exhausted my effort from my previous post that got deleted. But, the Raiders still remain in the last Wild Card spot and they're now at the softest part of their schedule. The only challenging opponents left are the Colts and the Dolphins. But, first they have a chance to get right next week against the Falcons. Matt Ryan and company had a brutal day against the Saints' defense today. Maybe, the Raider defense can pull a page out of their book for their preparation for this matchup. I'll see you guys later. 

No comments: