Thursday, July 9, 2015

RIP Ken Stabler


After being falsely leaked out on the Tuscaloosa website, it is unfortunately confirmed that Raiders QB legend, Ken "The Snake" Stabler has passed away yesterday from colon caner. He was 69 years old.

It's unfortunate that young Raider fans like myself were not alive at the time when Stabler spent almost over a decade being the Raiders' signal caller in the 70's when John Madden was still the head coach. When I was deepening my knowledge into the rich history of the Silver and Black, my dad always told me stories about the Raiders of 70's during the time of Jack Tatum, George Atkinson, Willie Brown, Art Shell, Gene Upshaw, Fred Biletnikoff, but I don't think there was ever a player he talked about more than Ken Stabler. He was one of the many faces that defined the days of the Oakland Raiders when they were the most intimidating team that you didn't want to *expletive* with. He's headlined great rivalries such as against the Chiefs and against the Steelers lead in those head-to head battles with Terry Bradshaw. Those stories were always great to hear. He's definitely a one-of-a-kind legend and I hope this is finally the straw that will put him in the Hall of Fame in Canton, Ohio. R.I.P. Snake.

No comments: