Friday, September 15, 2017

Addressing Jets-Raiders Week 2 Coverage


This is the dilemma of having a weekend job. The Raiders matchup vs. the Jets does not kick off until 1:05 PM Sunday afternoon. However, I'll still be on my shift and I don't clock out until 5:00 PM. By that time, the game is over. I could take the easy route and just provide a quick recap like I do during basketball season when the Lakers play. But, there's only 16 games in the NFL season. And unfortunately, I don't have DVR recording. So, here's what I'm going to do, I will still try to provide a thorough recap of the game. That means watch highlights and look at statistics. I'm going to add a 3rd option: finding out what happened in the game through the Raiders YouTube community. I'm gonna list some names here: rollercoasterfweakRonarks, Cameron better known as Raider Nation News, RAIDER John, Byron better known as Raiders_1995, and many other names. Let me clear the air here, I don't personally know them, they don't know me. But I've been following these guys for some time and some provide some great insights on how the game went, most of them banter or rant about a win or a loss. Also, some of them are entertaining when providing their recap. Personally if you guys ask me, I've been following 'Coaster's videos the longest. I may be wrong, but I think he's probably the longest tenured out of that bunch because he's been providing recaps for Raider games since the JaMarcus Russell days (shudders). And fun fact, I modeled the full recap format on this blog after 'Coaster's videos since he'd usually point out positives and negatives of the game.

So, if anyone's asking how long this is going to last? Luckily, my job is only going to jeopardize seasonal Raider coverage on this blog for just two weeks. If you ask "why's that?" That I can't disclose unless you guys PM (private message) me about it. But, I won't be out of action that long in providing open thread posts and full recap posts with my own insights on the game. So Jets-Raiders, Raiders-Redskins on Sunday Night, and Raiders-Broncos coverage are technically cancelled, but I'll find ways to find out what happened and provide some insights. This upcoming game against the Jets shouldn't be too difficult. Their front seven is still decent with Leonard Williams and Muhammad Wilkerson at the helm, but they are a huge mess on offense. They can't overlook this Jets team. The defense especially can not afford to make Josh McCown look like a Pro Bowl quarterback. This should a win by two or three touchdowns, blowout territory. As always, go Raiders!

No comments: