Thursday, September 7, 2017

TrueRaiderLaker Productions #10! - 2017 Raiders Hype Video



In 2015, I made my first hype video titled "New Generation". Last year, I made another one titled "Welcome to the Show". This year, I live up to my own personal promise to complete my Raiders hype video trilogy..."by any means!" And with TrueRaiderLaker Productions installment #10, I give you my latest hype video "From the Ashes"!

Description

When I developed early concepts about my third hype video, I immediately thought back into the last few weeks of the regular season. And they were an emotional roller coaster. On Week 15, against the Chargers, the Raiders clinched a playoff berth for the first time since 2002. We were all happy. Then Week 16, Derek Carr gets hurt. Week 17, the Raiders fumble away the AFC West crown to the Kansas City Chiefs. And finally on Wild Card weekend, the Texans put the final nail in the coffin to the Raiders' dream season of 2016. I thought to myself, I couldn't make a "hype hype" video with the way last season ended. If I'm making a third video, based on how the season ended, this hype video needed to be darker and more serious compared to my last two videos, but at the same time, it needed to be uplifting. Derek Carr is back. The Raiders made some serious upgrades, especially on offense. They're primed to get back up and go after that elusive 4th Super Bowl title. I think this video also highlights the maturation process of my editing since I made the "New Generation" hype video two years ago and the "Welcome to the Show" video last year. There already was a precedent set for me to make a theatrical-style video. That would be my Khalil Mack "Untamable Beast" highlight video. Unfortunately, my theatrical-style videos are at the wrong side of history as they get less views compared to my other work. I'm willing to go all-in that this hype video will get me over that hump.

Another thing I want to address is the question I'm sure everybody's asking me "Why the delay?" Yes, I'd usually release Raiders hype videos just before the first game of the preseason. This video in particular is released a few days before the start of Week 1 and a few hours before the Chiefs and Patriots kickoff opening night! I'm going to be completely honest, if you're an ambitious video editor like I am, you'd try new video editing techniques or start an entirely different series of videos. Basically, shaking up the creative direction a bit. That's what I've been doing the last few weeks/months. I worked on a couple of videos that are completely not associated with TrueRaiderLaker Productions. I sent those videos into music video competitions at a couple of pop culture conventions hosted here in Cali. Just recently, I found out that one of those videos finished 2nd place and I felt ecstatic about that. So, just to let everyone know, I'm calling the shots on a entirely different series of video projects. But, as I mentioned when I managed to squeeze a Lonzo Ball hype video in between, TrueRaiderLaker Productions is here to stay. Don't be alarmed. I'm adding new weapons to the "MechG2994 arsenal" in terms of video projects.

Thumbnail



This is the official thumbnail of the hype video featuring: Marshawn Lynch, Head Coach Jack Del Rio, Amari Cooper, Michael Crabtree, Bruce Irvin, Khalil Mack, and Derek Carr.

*2017 Regular Season Preview Post to follow! Stay tuned!*

No comments: