Saturday, September 8, 2018

TrueRaiderLaker Productions #13: 2018 Oakland Raiders Hype Video - "IV"


Well, something is better than a nothing. After further delays and some last minute changes, here's is TrueRaiderLaker Productions #13: "IV."

No special titles here on this one. The "IV" obviously represents my fourth Raiders hype video since I first uploaded my first one in 2015 titled "New Generation." Last year's hype video brought a lot of inspiration to make yet another one. While the last year was full of hope, this one is a video with a whole lot of attitude like the Raiders are just ready to kick everyone's *expletive,* especially with the return of Jon Gruden.

The hype video hit a snag in the last couple of days when it was in the process of completion. The obvious one was the Khalil Mack trade. I had to put this aside to make the Khalil Mack tribute out of respect since he's the only the good 1st round pick the Raiders made in recent years. Also, I had a lot of sequences for Mack in this hype video prior to the trade. Of course, I had to ask "how will I replace Mack's parts that were awesome here?" So, I had accumulate some more material and it's a good thing P.J. Hall, Maurice Hurst, and Arden Key each recorded sacks in the preaseason, so I replaced them for Mack's parts. To be completely honest, the buzz of this hype video died when the trade happened. And all I can do was quick fixes. I didn't have a lot of time to think since the season opener was fast approaching. I wanted to accumulate more sound bites (I didn't use a lot here because those ideas were at the last moment), but I had a tight window ahead and this is all I got.

Since I did the regular season preview post before the hype video, despite this, yes I'm still not sold on the outlook of the roster since the Mack trade. I still stand by that. But, this video does give me some optimism that the Raiders can return to form.

Thumbnail


No comments: