Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Lakers Walloped by Pacers

"An impromptu full recap for a televised Laker game can be eligible if either I make it in time for the 2nd half or when the game is still 5 minutes within the 2nd quarter if I have to miss a televised Laker game for an appointment, a night class, or for any other personal stuff I have to deal with. If I were to miss the entire game or I make in time, but it's already in the 4th quarter or in the final minutes of the 4th, the game is already ineligible for an impromptu full recap and will undergo the quick recap procedure since I first created this blog in 2010." - MechG on the impromptu full recap rule

Alright this is the official rule for an impromptu full recap if I were to miss a Laker or a Raider game for legitimate reasons, but somehow I make it in time for the 2nd half or when the game is still early in the 2nd or something. I will further elaborate this rule later on in the future. Today's game was a fan night game, which I was aware of, but I had an appointment with a dermatologist followed by an acne extraction with an aesthetician that happened 10 minutes before game time. 

Anyway, the Lakers have a back-to-back road trip and their first opponent is against the best team in the East in the Indiana Pacers and the results were surprisingly close, but Indy turned on the jets at the right time. Kent Bazemore was the Lakers' top performer this game (he's continuing to prove me wrong since I called him a throwaway piece in trading away Steve Blake to the Warriors) as he scored 23 points, 4 rebounds, 3 assists, and 3 steals, but the Lakers were outmatched again against Paul George and a super stacked Pacer team 98-118. Wesley Johnson added 15 points and 5 rebounds on 6-10 shooting, Pau Gasol and Jodie Meeks each added 13 points with 9 rebounds and 4 blocks to go with Gasol and 5 rebounds and 3 steals to go with Meeks, and MarShon Brooks was the bench's leading scorer with 11 points. Kendall Marshall, looks like the regression bug finally bit him as Marshall just only dished out 4 dimes and 0 points, unless he got injured (which makes matters worse), which is why he didn't play too much this game. The Lakers have another challenge awaiting them in Memphis against the surging Grizzlies. 

Final Score: @ Indiana 98-118 [L]

Highlights:

Next Game: @ Memphis (02/26)

No comments: