Friday, April 1, 2016

April Fools Prank Recap

Alright, it's time to get back to reality. To all my fellow Raider fans and Laker fans who are not interested in the whole Anime fiasco, I would like to extend my sincerest apologies for completely shunning you guys away from this blog and because of that, I may have lost a few readers who stop by and read my content. Anyway, if you guys hadn't seen my blog by now, this was what it looked like this afternoon before I changed everything (well, almost everything) back to normal:



I could hear the reaction of "what the hell is this *expletive* Anime *expletive* I'm seeing?" Also, something along the lines of "you sold out MechG" when I announced that this blog would turn into raidersxninersxlakersxwarriors.blogspot.com. First off, the whole raidersxninersxlakersxwarriors thing is completely false. It will still be trueraiderlaker.blogspot.com, then, now, forever (WWE reference). If you guys don't know, my friend, Stillmattic of bleachzealot.blogspot.com, is a huge 49ers and Warriors fan and we have a playful, trash-talking rivalry, when it comes to that. Stillmattic if you're reading this, I'm sorry for framing you, but hey, come reach out to me if you want something to do once Bleach is done and you have nothing else to post (even though you haven't posted in ages and it looks like you've moved on). 

Left to right (character name and Anime title): Raiderettes: Kurumi Tokisaki (Date A Live), Mikasa Ackerman (Attack on Titan), Mine (Akame ga Kill!); Laker Girls: Sinon (Sword Art Online II), Lilith Asami (Trinity Seven), Jibril (No Game No Life)

Now, onto the Anime background and banner. You guessed it, but if you haven't, I lied through my teeth when I said a buddy I know did this Photoshop color swap work for me with my anime harem and it looks way better than my Iron Man mascot. Clearly, I'm a Photoshop veteran and I did this myself. Yeah, wasted effort, but to be honest, I've done these color edits of my anime harem with my sports teams a long time ago and just did the whole background just this morning. If you guys don't know, anime is a secondary interests (along with video games, wrestling, monster movies, etc.) of mine away from the sports universe. Remember my wallpaper a couple of months back with the Raiders vs. Broncos week 5 matchup and the whole Attack on Titan theme? That was like once in a blue moon, until now, where I would unite my sports passion and anime fandom. Although I admit, the banner with my edits turned out good and maybe it will warrant being on this blog for some occasional purposes. But, that won't be for a long time and I'm still considering dropping the Iron Man unofficial mascot for a whole new banner.

The next step in my prank is a classic, but with a little twist: the old, but gold "Rick Roll." I took a page out of my friend, Stillmattic's Bleach blog of using the Wikplayer and added this awesome mashup of Avicii's "Wake Me Up" and Chumbawamba's "Tubthumping (I Get Knocked Down)" with Rick Astley's "Never Gonna Give You Up" courtesy of mashup artist, nilsofficial. There were two other tracks on that playlist: Billy Gunn's old WWF theme song and the Why the F you Lying (parody of Next's "Too Close), but mostly I wanted to get you guys with the classic Rick Roll mashed up with Avicii and Chumbawamba. 

Anyways, it's all clear now, but I'm keeping the changed layouts on my sidebars and on my posts and I have big plans to come up with a new banner and a new background for the blog. Stay tuned for that. 

No comments: