Saturday, October 27, 2018

Changes to the Blog (10/27)

Hey guys, so apologies to that fall out on Thursday. I was supposed to cover the Lakers-Nuggets game here on the blog, but my schedule said otherwise. I'm happy the Lakers got that win though. And they'll look to keep the train rolling tonight against San Antonio in a grudge match from Monday night's gut-wrenching OT loss. Since that set a precedent, I have to start tailoring my schedule of maintaining that work/school/life balance. Obviously weekdays, I work from 8:30AM-5:30PM. A majority of the Lakers' road games are east coast time, so obviously I won't make it too much for road games. Next week, the Lakers play the Timberwolves in Minnesota on NBA TV at 5:00 PM start time. Obviously, they'll be relegated to the new quick recap format I am drawing up right now. For home games and road games that tailor to West Coast time (@ Golden State, @ LA Clippers, @ Phoenix, @ Portland, etc.), I'll have greater availability there since the games usually start at 7:30 PM. Again, to avoid last Thursday's fallout, consider me a game time decision on those days depending on how my schedule works out (that is on my online classes side).

The New Quick Recap Format - Lakers

In the past, I provided quick recaps for games that are not nationally televised. I provide stat lines from the actual NBA.com website and recently, commentary based on the highlights. Starting Monday, I'll have a weekly round up of Laker games that occur during the past week and provide an all-in-one post of those games. That'll include the games I covered that week (like the San Antonio game last Monday night). Instead of putting up stat lines and formal commentary, which people might think is a little passe, I'd thought I put my spin on things in a creative or edgy way. Because honestly, I think this blog needs have a little more attitude put into it. I've been watching a lot UrinatingTree stuff on YouTube lately and me being a former fanfiction writer in my past life, I'd thought I'd rekindle some of that.

The Fate of the Following Raiders Games *NSFW Language*

Ah yes, speaking of a little attitude to this blog, look no further on which of my teams would demonstrate the awesome power of shitposting. If you haven't looked at Week 6's recap where I ripped the team a new one after their abomination in London, you'd probably be wondering where I'm getting at. The Silver and Black Shitshow will be an idea incarnated because of the dumpster fire that is surrounding this team that I used to call the Raiders. The main players that'll revolve around is the Tank Commander himself, the Chuckster, Jon "Spider 2 Y I'm Gonna Trade Ya For Picks" Gruden, "$125 million Checkdown" Derek as they embark on a quest to become the dumpster of all dumpster fires in their road to Vegas, and Mark Davis, whose face looks like it was over cooked in an oven and has a haircut that makes Lloyd Christmas' hair look fairly decent. Perhaps, this is going to be some therapy after eating up a pile of those losses. Because honestly, this team is devoid of a whole lot of talent. The first chapter will premiere on Wednesday before they take on their twin Bay Area Red and Gold shitshow in the final Battle of the Bay showdown on Thursday night. Bragging rights? More like which Bay Area football team isn't absolute shit rights. But first, they get their hands Sunday against the Colts and an Andrew who is down on his Luck.

No comments: