Friday, November 15, 2013

Lakers Fall Short vs. Grizzlies

Before I do tonight's quick recap of the Lakers vs. Grizzlies game, I would like to take the time to apologize about a game scheduling error. If you guys looked at my quick recap of Wednesday's game against the Nuggets, I put the next game the Lakers was against the Warriors at home. Apparently, that was wrong and I was too little too late to recognize it. The Lakers' home game against the Warriors is next Friday on ESPN and the Lakers faced the Grizzlies today at home. Again I apologize to my fellow Laker Nation who follow my blog inside and out for the mix up.

The struggle couldn't get any more real for the Lakers playing without Steve Nash and Kobe Bryant. Jodie Meeks was the Lakers' top performer scoring 25 points off of 10-16 shooting, but the Lakers couldn't find an answer against Zach Randolph. Z-Bo chipped in a double-double with 28 points and 11 rebounds to help Memphis edge the Lakers 89-86 at Staples. Pau Gasol, had an off-night, scoring wise, finishing with 10 points and 13 rebounds and credit to his DPOY brother, Marc Gasol shutting him down. Jordan Hill added 12 points and Nick Young came off the bench with 14 points.

Final Score: vs. Memphis 89-86 [L]
Full recap: http://www.nba.com/games/20131115/MEMLAL/gameinfo.html

Highlights:


Next Game: vs. Detroit (11/17)

No comments: