Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Lakers Fall to Mavs in Tuesday Night Shootout



Alright, so welcome in to the, um, actually this is more like a hybrid recap considering I didn't come home on time to watch the whole game. First off, I didn't know this was the game to air on NBA TV until this afternoon, so I took the time (while I was on my break in between classes) to make last minute construction for this game's Q-by-Q, halftime post, and full recap. Unfortunately, my ride home was an hour late and it was already traffic by the time my ride came. So for those who were expecting a Q-by-Q and a halftime post, I apologize that you guys got ripped off expecting a Q-by-Q and halftime reaction from me. It's a rarity that my ride doesn't make it on time because it would usually come early. So in turn, this is a hybrid recap because it's like a full recap, but since I didn't see the game, it'll be like a quick one so I'm reading off the stat sheet while this format looks like that of the full recap.

Nick Young was the Lakers' leading performer off the bench scoring a season high 21 points on 8-12 shooting, but the Lakers couldn't overcome Dallas' high powered offense this game lead by not Dirk Nowitzki, but Monta Ellis. Ellis had 30 points, 3 rebounds, and 9 assists to power the Mavs past the Lakers in 19 point margin of victory. Pau Gasol had his quiet night of the season just chipping in 10 points, but still hauled in 8 rebounds and dished out 4 assists. Jordan Farmar and Jodie Meeks each scored 11 points while Farmar dished out 7 assists and Chris Kaman finished with 10 points and 7 rebounds off the bench.

Full recap: http://www.nba.com/games/20131105/LALDAL/gameinfo.html

Highlights:


Next Game: @ Houston (11/07)

All I can say is, sucks that we're back down at .500 especially since we have Houston on the road on Thursday. Dwight Howard is looking to exact revenge (if you can call it that) while we're going to seek justice. Should be a fun showdown Thursday.

Again, I apologize for no Q-by-Q, halftime post, or a real full recap. I'll see you guys on Thursday when the Lakers take on the Rockets in Houston on TNT. For Laker Nation, who are also affiliated with the Raider Nation, I'll see you guys on Sunday when the Raiders travel to the daunting East Coast to take on the New York Football Giants.

No comments: