Sunday, November 9, 2014

Broncos Thrash Raiders After Slow Start


Alright, welcome in to the full recap of the Raiders' week 10 matchup against divisional rival, Broncos where the Broncos, after a slow start in the first two quarters, came back and routed the Raiders 41-17 lead by Peyton Manning's 5 TD passes.

Is this really a surprise anymore? I don't know if I should feel frustrated, embarrassed, disgusted because this is starting to be inevitable. I said in my conclusion last week against the Seahawks that unlike the Seahawks, the Broncos don't make too many errors on offense and 100% of the time end their drive on a TD. We've been showered with false hope yet again as the Raiders made this competitive early on looked like the upset of the season is going to happen, the late in the 2nd quarter came and the Broncos just poured it on.

The Positives

There were not a lot of positives here this game. In the 2nd half, I didn't see the same team that was hanging tough like in the 1st half. I don't see what is there to take away from this game. The only thing that made me happy just a little is that Mychal Rivera scored that garbage time TD because I started him on my fantasy team and he gave me a much needed score against my opponent. Yeah, this is not the time to talk fantasy or anything, but yeah, there's absolutely nothing to take away from this game.

The Negatives 

The offense. Greg Olson needs to go, definitively. Too many short passes, too many up the gut running plays, too much Carr being under center and not being in shotgun formation. This offense just makes me want to cry because they're not doing anything to move the chains! Derek Carr had a bad game today again, much to the delight of Carr skeptics, but this is the risk of starting a rookie in a really difficult situation. I was part of the #startthecarr movement and looking at it now, it's sad to see him put into this situation with no legit receivers and no running game.

Conclusion

I think this is going to be the shortest full recap I've ever put up. We're 0-9 and still no W in sight. The Raiders play the Chargers again next week. They played them tough at home, I repeat, "at home", but they're going up against the Chargers on the road in San Diego and we all know the Chargers are much different team at home. If you guys are asking me "why don't you stop covering the games? The Raiders are going 0-16 anyway," I cover the games because I love my team and I like talking about them. It's a rough going, but I do this out of shear passion. I'm still here, still riding with my team until they cease to exist, but it's difficult when they let you down week after week and season after season. Anyway, I'll see you guys for the Charger next week.

No comments: