Saturday, December 6, 2014

MechG's Shoot Post Before the 49ers-Raiders Game

Alright guys, I hope you’ve enjoyed the smack talk Stillmattic and I went through last night to hype up the 49ers-Raiders game. So, basically this post is a follow up to that 2-part smack talk post. Technically, I didn’t want to do this, but this absolutely something I have to get out of my chest before the game. The Battle of the Bay game means everything to the people living in the Bay Area and it means everything to both fanbases for bragging right until the next 4 years. Currently, the 49ers have a 3 game winning streak against us in 2002, 2006, and 2010 and they’ll try to extend that against my Raiders in Oakland on Sunday and take the lead for all-time meetings. In those years as a Raider fan, obviously I was young, though I did cover that 2010 game when my blog was still rlsnation.blogspot.com, covering the Raiders, Lakers, and the San Jose Sharks and I didn’t consider it a rivalry considering we play each other every 4 years. Either of us win, we talk shit, then after, go back to regular lives repping both our teams. Now that I’m more dedicated to the Raiders now than ever before, I finally understand that this is a rivalry beyond the Chiefs, beyond the Chargers, beyond the Broncos. This is not just a rivalry for bragging rights, this is personal for me. Because all of you don’t know, I reside in Santa Clara, born and raised there my whole life and I live like 15 mins away from Levi’s Stadium, the current home of the 49ers. That automatically should make me a Niner fan right? Wrong. Growing up, I’ve watched more Raider games than I have with Niner games, watching the days when Gannon was picking defenses apart, Woodson shutting down the best receivers, Garner, Wheatley, Crockett tearing it up in the running game, then obviously you got Mr. Raider himself, #81 Tim Brown. My point is, I’ve been a Raider fan way before a stadium was proposed to house the 49ers’ new home. This game tomorrow means a lot to me because it is tough to be a Raider fan living in Santa Clara, not to mention, aside from my older brother, who is a bigger Raider fan than me since the days of Marcus Allen, Bo Jackson, and a young Tim Brown, my whole family is a 49er house. Since I follow football, they always ask me “how did the 49ers do?” And I tell them how the 49ers did, but deep down inside, there’s this bitter sourness inside me like I just got insulted, especially this year since the Raiders face them this year. I am absolutely sick and tired of this sugarcoating like the 49ers are the only talk of the Bay Area, I am absolutely sick and tired of my friends who are Niner fans, even though I’m cool with them, teasing me how much the Raiders suck whether they win, lose, or beat my Raiders, and I am absolutely sick and tired of even our own Bay Area media putting us down as the butt of all jokes. I am sick of it all!

Here’s the incentive, this may be the last season in Oakland if the city still can’t reach a stadium deal. This may be the last time we play the 49ers as part of the Bay Area or as how we call it the “Yay” Area because every Bay Area team, except us, is winning: the Warriors, the Giants, the A’s, the Sharks, the 49ers. The past few years, they’ve at least compiled a winning record and at least made the playoffs. Compared to us the last few years? Nothing! And week after week, season after season since 2002, us Raider fans have been showered with false hope that things are going to change and we’re going to get back to those winning ways and we’re going to make the playoffs, but once the season starts, it all turns to absolute s#!t. This season has been the latest chapter of enduring this futility! In fact, this season is the worst of all our losing seasons, especially worst than the 2006 season when the Raiders went 2-14! How can we be a part of the “Yay” Area when we haven’t put together a winning season like the other clubs? I’m not saying the Raiders need to put a winning season now, it’s too late already, we’re eliminated from playoff contention, and we’re drafting top 5 in the next draft. However, the Raiders want to remain in Oakland? They want to stay in the Bay Area for years to come? Prove it this Sunday! Prove it against the talk of the football world here in the Bay! This season may be a lost season, but this is something worth fighting for to prove that the Raiders are here to stay in the Bay! To all the Raider players, I hope you guys wiped out last week’s steampile of s#!t to the freakin’ Rams! Because this week is the week to fight for your right to stay! Because if you don’t and you suffer the same result as last week’s, then goddammit you really don’t belong in the Bay Area, probably not even in LA, heck, probably not even in San Antonio! I may sound harsh and sound like I should just jump ship, but I have a voice and it’s too bad not too many fans will use it to call out their team after an abomination of a game, after an abomination of a season. Give us a light at the end of the tunnel for this season! Give us, the Raider Nation something to cheer and brag about! Give me some justice as a Raider fan living in Santa Clara! BEAT THOSE F*CKING 49ERS!  FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!!!!!

No comments: