Sunday, December 7, 2014

Raiders Gain Bragging Rights in The Bay


Alright welcome in to the full recap of the 13th Battle of the Bay game between the Raiders and the "San Francisco" 49ers or is it Santa Clara? Doesn't matter. The Raiders got up, stood up, and fought to gain the victory over the Niners 13-24 and gain leverage, leading 7-6 all-time against the team across the Bay or forget it down I-880 from where I live.

I'm just trying to control my emotions right now while I'm posting this. Currently, I'm also having an argument with a Niner fan, who is also a good friend of mine on Facebook, but I just told him to pipe down. They won 3 straight Battle of the Bay games against us before this game and now we broke that streak and gain the lead, now they won't leave us alone. I don't know, some Niner fans just don't quit don't they? Anyway, what a game. I was nervously shaking and I was yelling my freakin' @$$ off. I need to exhale before I do this post, but oh well, let's get to this.


The Positives

Derek Carr, 22 of 28 passes, 254 yards, 3 TDs. The Carr is finally running. I repeat the Carr is finally running! What's funny is that there was an article on which QB would you take, most former NFL scouts said they would take Carr over Kaepernick, while the media "experts" said otherwise they would take Kaepernick over Carr. Well, the "experts" were wrong and the scouts were right. Carr completely outplayed Kaepernick this game as Kaepernick completed only 54% of his passes compared to Carr with 78% and not to mention, Kaep had those 2 picks. Carr's performance this game is putting his naysayers on their heels. He's only a rookie, he'll make rookie mistakes, but this game, he grew up and played like he has been in this stage before.

R&R. This should be the initials for the duo of Marcel Reece and Mychal Rivera. Rivera had a big game today with a perfect 7 receptions for 109 yards and a TD, Reece had also a perfect 7 receptions for 64 yards and a TD. Rivera's communication with Carr this game has been remarkable and it lead to this unexpected big game against a good 49ers defense. For Reece, I've developed an initial: G.T.R.B. = Give Reece The Ball. And boom Reece was given the ball and did damage as well against the Niners in the passing game. Greg Olson, I hate you, but I'll give you 100% credit for developing a near-flawless playcalling on offense and Reece and Rivera provided much needed help for Carr in the passing game.

Defense. Like I said before, the defense absolutely came out to play. Oh my goodness, they were just pressuring Kaepernick all game long. Antonio Smith had 2 sacks, Khalil Mack had 2 sacks, Benson Mayowa also had a sack. Sio Moore, Tuck, Burris, bringing the heat. I'll keep looking back to that Brandian Ross INT because that INT set the tone that the Niners are not going to run lapses around us, not in our house. And of course you got C-Wood coming up big with an INT to pretty much seal the game. 59 career interception, man just one more to get to that big 60. 17 years and still coming up big. Just like I gave credit to Olson, hats off to Jason Tarver for calling more aggressive defensive plays. I absolutely liked that he dressed with some black marks on like he wants to be there to. That's priceless.

The Negatives

Penalties. The penalties have been a thorn in the eye for this game.  Raiders committed 10 penalties for 84 yards, but some of those were ticky tacky. Of course the Austin Howard penalty was unnecessary, but just too many PIs, illegal contacts, holding on the secondary, a lot of them were questionable like the refs were pulling for the Niners. But the Raiders managed the will to win mentality aside from all the penalties going against them.

Conclusion

Oh man, Stillmattic must be shaking somewhere on his Bleach blog. Check out our Smack Talk post two days before the game. First became a Niner fan last year, then the Seahawks won the NFC championship and the Super Bowl and now my beloved Raiders beat his Niners. Hey, he hid from me as a Bronco fan when the Raiders dropped 59 points on them 4 years ago in Denver. So Stillmattic, if you're reading this, it's over, you can't hide from me now in terms of football. You denied that Denver game, but since you rep the Niners you know with your Gold Blooded merchandise and your posters that you probably jack off to night and day, I'm afraid you can't deny this one my friend. Anyway, the Raiders travel to Kansas City to face the Chiefs, but I'm going to enjoy rubbing this win in a lot, especially since I live in Santa Clara. Even though it's a loss season, this game was the sweetest one to take out of this season. Bragging rights belong to us! The Niners may have an Empire, but there is one Nation they will never conquer, THE RAIDER NATION! Anyway, I'll see you guys later.





No comments: